Back In The U.S.A.
Debbi
2014-10-23 16:55:47 UTC
RADP

My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...

I'm going to Disney World !!!

(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)

It's so nice to sit in the old office and play on the old PC - the first
thing that came up was RADP of course. I don't have time to read through
all the messages but I'll try to read through the trip reports. Of
course I already have a full in-basket even though I am officially on
vacation. Sheesh!

Over in Shanghai, we just passed the midway point on construction. We
are still shooting for the end of 2015 and it looks like we might
actually make it too !! More details to follow ...

Sadly, I missed a bunch of closings over here. I'll just have to view
the videos we make of each, one last time. I really liked Off Kilter
too. On the other hand, we seem to have inherited all kinds of bread
bowls (in the Team Disney cafe), from soup to shrimp-mac-n-cheese. Yum

Now I have to get out and explore all the park and resort changes and
new stuff. I'm dragging a few 'suits' with me too so if there are any
'sightings' later today, you'll know why. And I'll write more later in
the week.

-ab
Steve Russo
2014-10-23 17:47:50 UTC
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)
Jeez. Thanks for the notice.
Post by Debbi
[...]
Welcome back. That's good news on Shanghai and... I'd like to hear your
take on the changes over at Epcot's World Showcase.
Steve
Laura Gilbreath
2014-10-23 20:58:15 UTC
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)
Welcome back, Boom! Looking forward to anything you can tell us about
Shanghai (or anything else).

Enjoy your vacation!

Laura
Lisa Cubbon
2014-10-24 14:39:05 UTC
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)
AH! You are back!
Post by Debbi
It's so nice to sit in the old office and play on the old PC - the first
thing that came up was RADP of course. I don't have time to read through
all the messages but I'll try to read through the trip reports. Of
course I already have a full in-basket even though I am officially on
vacation. Sheesh!
Over in Shanghai, we just passed the midway point on construction. We
are still shooting for the end of 2015 and it looks like we might
actually make it too !! More details to follow ...
WE have patience.... Well I do.
Post by Debbi
Sadly, I missed a bunch of closings over here. I'll just have to view
the videos we make of each, one last time. I really liked Off Kilter
too. On the other hand, we seem to have inherited all kinds of bread
bowls (in the Team Disney cafe), from soup to shrimp-mac-n-cheese. Yum
Now I have to get out and explore all the park and resort changes and
new stuff. I'm dragging a few 'suits' with me too so if there are any
'sightings' later today, you'll know why. And I'll write more later in
the week.
Please do. We come to WDW October 31-Nov 11. Really looking forward to
it. Andy maybe a Boom sighting too.

Welcome home.

Lisa
-ab
Debbi
2014-10-27 13:51:51 UTC
Post by Debbi
Now I have to get out and explore all the park and resort changes and
new stuff. I'm dragging a few 'suits' with me too so if there are any
'sightings' later today, you'll know why. And I'll write more later in
the week.
Please do. We come to WDW October 31-Nov 11. Really looking forward to
it. Andy maybe a Boom sighting too.
Welcome home.
Thanks Lisa. Are you going to the MNSSHP on 10/31 ? I'll be there
dressed as Sally (NBC). Have a fantastic vacation !!

-ab
Lisa Cubbon
2014-10-27 21:52:59 UTC
Post by Debbi
Now I have to get out and explore all the park and resort changes and
new stuff. I'm dragging a few 'suits' with me too so if there are any
'sightings' later today, you'll know why. And I'll write more later in
the week.
Please do. We come to WDW October 31-Nov 11. Really looking forward to
it. Andy maybe a Boom sighting too.
Welcome home.
Thanks Lisa. Are you going to the MNSSHP on 10/31 ? I'll be there dressed
as Sally (NBC). Have a fantastic vacation !!
-ab
I wish! Nope. Sally. Long tall Sally. When you heading back to your
second home?

Lisa
tdc senior princess of all of Fantasyland
Sandi Femino
2014-10-24 16:36:37 UTC
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
ALWAYS a good choice-
Welcome back and
Enjoy!
--
Sandi
http://capecodcards.blogspot.com/
Debbi
2014-10-27 18:04:15 UTC
Post by Sandi Femino
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
ALWAYS a good choice-
Welcome back and
Enjoy!
Thanks. Where have you been ? When are you visiting WDW next ?

-ab
Sandi Femino
2014-11-01 11:59:20 UTC
Post by Debbi
Post by Sandi Femino
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
ALWAYS a good choice-
Welcome back and
Enjoy!
Thanks. Where have you been ? When are you visiting WDW next ?
-ab
Living in Lake Wales now, just came back from 3 days at AKL..headed back
to MK on Tuesday to meet Lisa Cubbon.
Paul
2014-10-24 19:31:38 UTC
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)
So, please expand on the goings on at WDW. We were just there, and
the newest attractions seem to be extensive walls, "For your future
enjoyment..."

Of course, we had fun in spite of it!
--
Paul in NH -- Latest memories, Sept. 7-14, 2014, BCV

pssawyer at comcast dot net
Debbi
2014-10-27 19:38:06 UTC
Post by Paul
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)
So, please expand on the goings on at WDW. We were just there, and
the newest attractions seem to be extensive walls, "For your future
enjoyment..."
Of course, we had fun in spite of it!
Well, how could anyone NOT have fun at WDW ??

The big answer is 10/1/2021 - the 50th anniversary of WDW. There is a
long list of items that are slated to be refurbished, cleaned, updated,
reworked, etc., for the big date.

DTD (uh ... Disney Springs) is a total mess and I'll stop short of being
mean - but management really goofed up on the scheduling of the
individual pieces. The good side is that most of the parking issues and
most of the walls should come down by the Holidays.

The MK hub is another biggie but there was no choice but to tear into
that as well as no choice to do it all at once. In the end there will be
much more room for guests to stand and watch the shows. There will also
be much better castle projection, enhanced lighting and audio, more
explosions (yes!!), better (emergency and) evacuation pathways, two new
deep wells (to keep the water table down), and some needed repairs to
the utilidors.

You already know big changes are coming to DHS and Epcot - all slated to
be finished by the big 5-0. We will be announcing more of that soon.

Off the schedule there's two more gates (one wet one dry) and several
more resorts, more expansion for the MK and Disney Springs, as well as
development of the Western Way corridor.

And a few surprises.

Not much going on, really ...

-ab
Steve Russo
2014-10-27 21:30:06 UTC
Post by Debbi
Post by Paul
Post by Debbi
[...]
Yeah, you sure know how to whet an appetite...
Steve
Rudeney
2014-10-28 15:48:39 UTC
Post by Debbi
The big answer is 10/1/2021 - the 50th anniversary of WDW. There is a
long list of items that are slated to be refurbished, cleaned, updated,
reworked, etc., for the big date.
You know, 7 years seems so far away, but I know it will really creep up on us.
And with the big projects DIS likes to do, it's not much time at all.
Post by Debbi
The MK hub is another biggie but there was no choice but to tear into
that as well as no choice to do it all at once. In the end there will be
much more room for guests to stand and watch the shows. There will also
be much better castle projection, enhanced lighting and audio, more
explosions (yes!!), better (emergency and) evacuation pathways, two new
deep wells (to keep the water table down), and some needed repairs to
the utilidors.
I know some of those "once in a lifetime" guests will be quite disappointed to
see all the construction walls, but I guess that's the price to pay for big
changes. You know, here's an idea. Just build a 5th gate as a whole "new"
Magic Kingdom, then once it opens, close the old one and spend a few years
refurbishing it, then close the new one to refurbish it, lather, rinse repeat. :-)
Post by Debbi
You already know big changes are coming to DHS and Epcot - all slated to
be finished by the big 5-0. We will be announcing more of that soon.
Yeah, like I sad, 7 years seems liek a long time, but it goes quickly.
Post by Debbi
Off the schedule there's two more gates (one wet one dry)
I assume that is "water park" vs. "theme park" and not "booze" vs. "booze-free"?
Post by Debbi
several more resorts, more expansion for the MK and Disney Springs, as well
as development of the Western Way corridor.
And a few surprises.
Surprises are often good.
Post by Debbi
Not much going on, really ...
Business as usual, huh? :-)
--
- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm
Rudeney
2014-10-24 19:45:09 UTC
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
I'm going to Disney World !!!
(ok, so I'm already here .. for two weeks)
Lucky you!
Post by Debbi
It's so nice to sit in the old office and play on the old PC - the first
thing that came up was RADP of course. I don't have time to read through
all the messages but I'll try to read through the trip reports. Of
course I already have a full in-basket even though I am officially on
vacation. Sheesh!
It's the world we live in. We can never "turn off".
Post by Debbi
Sadly, I missed a bunch of closings over here. I'll just have to view
the videos we make of each, one last time. I really liked Off Kilter
too. On the other hand, we seem to have inherited all kinds of bread
bowls (in the Team Disney cafe), from soup to shrimp-mac-n-cheese. Yum
Sounds like the CMs get better food than the guests. I'm not saying they
don't deserve it, but, well, it would be nice to throw a bread bowl or two at
the guests every now and then.
Post by Debbi
Now I have to get out and explore all the park and resort changes and
new stuff. I'm dragging a few 'suits' with me too so if there are any
'sightings' later today, you'll know why. And I'll write more later in
the week.
One would think that the "suits" wouldn't wear their "suits" so as to not be
so noticeable.

Patty Winter
2014-10-24 21:07:50 UTC
Post by Rudeney
Post by Debbi
Sadly, I missed a bunch of closings over here. I'll just have to view
the videos we make of each, one last time. I really liked Off Kilter
too. On the other hand, we seem to have inherited all kinds of bread
bowls (in the Team Disney cafe), from soup to shrimp-mac-n-cheese. Yum
Sounds like the CMs get better food than the guests. I'm not saying they
don't deserve it, but, well, it would be nice to throw a bread bowl or two at
the guests every now and then.
California Adventure has bread bowls. Authentic San Francisco sourdough,
freshly made onsite at Boudin Bakery. Filled with your choice of soup.
Yummmm....

Speaking of corporate cafeterias, I had dinner at one of Google's
cafes the other night. Now THAT'S good food! I thought the right-off-
the-barbeque honey-glazed salmon I had at Amazon last week was good,
but Google's food is arguably even better--and free. :-) (To employees,
anyway; I was there for a benefit dinner for a local nonprofit.)

Patty
Rudeney
2014-10-27 15:19:10 UTC
Post by Patty Winter
Post by Rudeney
Post by Debbi
Sadly, I missed a bunch of closings over here. I'll just have to view
the videos we make of each, one last time. I really liked Off Kilter
too. On the other hand, we seem to have inherited all kinds of bread
bowls (in the Team Disney cafe), from soup to shrimp-mac-n-cheese. Yum
Sounds like the CMs get better food than the guests. I'm not saying they
don't deserve it, but, well, it would be nice to throw a bread bowl or two at
the guests every now and then.
California Adventure has bread bowls. Authentic San Francisco sourdough,
freshly made onsite at Boudin Bakery. Filled with your choice of soup.
Yummmm....
Yep - been there, done that! Like I have said many times, the food at DLR is
far better than at WDW.
Post by Patty Winter
Speaking of corporate cafeterias, I had dinner at one of Google's
cafes the other night. Now THAT'S good food! I thought the right-off-
the-barbeque honey-glazed salmon I had at Amazon last week was good,
but Google's food is arguably even better--and free. :-) (To employees,
anyway; I was there for a benefit dinner for a local nonprofit.)
I would love to work someplace with a cafeteria, free or not. I often don't
even eat lunch because it's just such a hassle to get out in traffic.

Debbi
2014-10-28 13:52:38 UTC
Post by Patty Winter
Post by Rudeney
Post by Debbi
[...]
I agree - we were hosted one evening at Google and the food was
fantastic but I have never been to the Amazon cafe. I'm thinking I need
to find a project in Cupertino and start making the rounds of all the
Silicon Valley company cafeterias !!

We do get fed quite well. Sometimes we get fed the new menu experiments
from the guest restaurants too. As I remember we ate pizza for almost a
month back before Puck added it to his menu. But the food rotates and
sometimes we have to drive to another building to get the really good
stuff (group sigh please!). There's planning a-foot to fix that with a
new team campus though - and I hope they go through with it !!

-ab
Patty Winter
2014-10-28 15:50:46 UTC
Post by Debbi
Post by Patty Winter
Speaking of corporate cafeterias, I had dinner at one of Google's
cafes the other night. Now THAT'S good food! I thought the right-off-
the-barbeque honey-glazed salmon I had at Amazon last week was good,
but Google's food is arguably even better--and free. :-) (To employees,
anyway; I was there for a benefit dinner for a local nonprofit.)
I agree - we were hosted one evening at Google and the food was
fantastic but I have never been to the Amazon cafe. I'm thinking I need
to find a project in Cupertino and start making the rounds of all the
Silicon Valley company cafeterias !!
LOL! That sounds like a worthy project!

Some years ago, a friend's daughter started a new job at that company
in Cupertino and was disappointed to learn that the sushi chef had
just left. But they hired a new one not long after, so she didn't have
to quit and look for a job elsewhere. :-)

Patty
Debbi
2014-10-28 13:40:45 UTC
Post by Rudeney
Post by Debbi
RADP
My vacation time came along and I had to decide where to go, so ...
Sadly, I missed a bunch of closings over here. I'll just have to view
the videos we make of each, one last time. I really liked Off Kilter
too. On the other hand, we seem to have inherited all kinds of bread
bowls (in the Team Disney cafe), from soup to shrimp-mac-n-cheese. Yum
Sounds like the CMs get better food than the guests. I'm not saying they
don't deserve it, but, well, it would be nice to throw a bread bowl or two at
the guests every now and then.
From what I hear, several attempts were made to do just that and they
all failed. I don't think it was the contents as much as it was the
bread. Apparently guests want to cut bread out of their diets.
Post by Rudeney
Post by Debbi
Now I have to get out and explore all the park and resort changes and
new stuff. I'm dragging a few 'suits' with me too so if there are any
'sightings' later today, you'll know why. And I'll write more later in
the week.
One would think that the "suits" wouldn't wear their "suits" so as to not be
so noticeable.
Oh, I think we live for being noticeable.

-ab